This Week In History: 12-year-old Palestinian boy Muhammad al-Durrah is shot to death in his father’s arms by Israeli troops
On September 30, 2000, the second day of the second intifada, the father and son were caught in a cross fire and hid behind a concrete cylinder. For 45 minutes Jamal al-Durrah shielded his son from Israeli fire as several bullets narrowly missed them. He desperately waved and shouted: “Don’t shoot!” but to no avail.
Muhammad al-Durrah was shot four times and eventually slumped across his father’s legs, who was also shot and lost consciousness.
An ambulance driver who tried to rescue the boy and his father was also killed, along with a jeep driver, and a second ambulance driver was wounded. Muhammad lay bleeding for at least 17 minutes before an ambulance was able to pick them up.
Unforgettable day!! Allah yr7mo.. Amen!
Always remember this.. Allah yir7amak
This is what Israel does, they claim they’re only defending themselves. These guys weren’t armed but the Israeli soldiers just had to shoot and kill them.
Okay. But who attacked first? I’m not on either side of the fight, because both sides have equal blame. The reason so many innocent Pakistani people are being killed is because their army is hiding within the people, quartering in their houses. The government knows damn well that people are going to die, And yet the knowingly attacked Israel know long damn well they didn’t have a proper army.
And let’s look at 911 when we were attacked first and then murdered hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT middle eastern civilians during the war.
Or let’s talk about when we were bombed at Pearl Harbor and put every Japanese citizen into camps for god sake! Heads up: we didn’t enter ww2 for the Jews!
This isn’t just Israel’s fault. Both sides are to blame, Palestine for starting this fight and Israel for continuing it. Stop making Israel seem like the only party guilty!
Stop defending Israel when its a pro wrestler bodying slamming a preschool class because one of them tossed a rock. They are killing innocent people so stop acting like they’re doing it for any other reason or justifying it. What was the use of bringing up that other stuff ffs
Take a break from the fandoms and take a moment to read this:
Farah Baker, a 16 year old teen living in the Gaza Strip, has been tweeting and posting on social media sites of the various indiscriminant bombings being committed by Israeli forces, most recently very violent shelling near Al-Shifa hospital by her.
In her countless tweets and numerous posts on both Twitter and Instagram, she documents live strikes using photos and videos to show her followers the severity of the situation her and thousands like her are going through every day. @farah_gazan has gone viral, spiking from 21k to 76k followers on twitter in a span of 24 hours and climbing to 300+ in a matter of hours on Instagram.
Personally, I felt like I was reading something off the diary of Anne Frank. And who knows? Our children might be reading this and asking us why we didn’t stop her from dying just like we did to our grandparents.
The tweets are heartbreaking and the videos are breathtaking. She needs your support. Let her know you stand by her. Follow her on twitter and Instagram and maybe somehow you can change history.
tura satana appreciation post. here’s what u need to know:
- born in 1938 and died in 2011
- her parents were a silent movie actor and a circus performer
- she was gang-raped by five men when she was ten. they were never prosecuted and it was rumoured that the judge was paid off.
- this prompted her to train in various martial arts (such as aikido and karate)
- over the next 15 years, she hunted down each of her rapists and exacted revenge against them. they never even knew who she was until she told them
- at the same time, she formed an all-woman gang called “the angeles”
- "we had leather motorcycle jackets, jeans and boots and we kicked butt."
- moved to los angeles when she was 15 and supported herself
- dated elvis presley and turned down a marriage proposal from him
- her most famous film role was in 1965, as varla, a “very aggressive and sexual female character”, in faster, pussycat! kill! kill! (a film that was “an ode to female violence”)
- tura was responsible for her own costume, makeup, use of martial arts, and much of her dialouge. she also performed all her own stunts and fight scenes
- was known for not taking shit from anyone. russ meyer, the director for faster, pussycat! kill!, said of her “[tura was] extremely capable. she knew how to handle herself. don’t fuck with her! and if you have to fuck her, do it well! she might turn on you!”